He says our free services have made a huge difference in his life. “Meals on Wheels and More is a wonderful thing. Not only for me, but everybody they serve. It’s just phenomenal what a help they are. They’re there for you on a daily basis and it’s just wonderful how dedicated the volunteers are,” he says….and Pete G. Martinez is a man who knows a thing or two about dedication. Read full story.
Meals on Wheels and More delivers hot, nutritious meals to the elderly, disabled, and homebound in the Greater Austin area. Aside from our signature meal-delivery program, Meals on Wheels and More offers additional "And More" services.
- Meals on Wheels »Volunteers deliver meals to homebound clients
- Second Meals »Additional meals delivered to clients who are most nutritionally at-risk
- Veterans Services »Specialized care designed to meet the unique challenges and circumstances military veterans often face
- PALS »Volunteers transport clients’ pets for vet visits or deliver pet food monthly.
- Home Repair »For clients whose homes face serious structural issues related to health & safety
- Meals for Kids »Nutritious evening meals provided to low-income children
- Mike's Place »Volunteers help clients with Alzheimer's Disease and other forms of dementia
- Country Wheels »Seven frozen meals delivered once a week to clients living in rural areas
- HOPE »Volunteers deliver an extra bag of groceries once a month
- Congregate Meals »A place for active seniors to gather for games, physical activity, conversation and lunchtime meals
- Handy Wheels »Volunteers help clients with minor home repairs that are safety-related.
- Groceries to Go »Volunteers grocery shop twice a month for clients
All menus are planned and prepared under the supervision of a Registered Dietitian (RD). All meals provide one third of the Dietary Reference Intake (DRI) and follow the latest USDA’s Dietary Guidelines for Americans. The meals are nutrient dense and provide a variety of fruits, vegetables, legumes, and whole grains.
Meals are also:
- An excellent daily source of dietary fiber.
- An excellent daily source of vitamin C and calcium.
- An excellent source of vitamin A provided at least twice a week.
- Low in fat (weekly average must be 30% or less of total calories from fat; 10% or less of total calories from saturated fat).
- No added sodium (total meal weekly averages contain less than 1200 mg); no additional salt is added during food preparation.
- Low in sugar. Meal is prepared without the addition of concentrate sugars.
- Each meal contains between 650-800 calories.
We serve the following therapeutic meals to meet the needs of our clients: soft, bland, puree, low potassium, and combination. Click here for more details about our Meal Choices.
If you have questions please contact our registered dietitian firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is Eligible?
Individuals must be:
- Primarily homebound
- Unable to easily prepare nutritious meals
- Without consistent daytime assistance from another person
- Able to accept meals during the delivery time frame
- Must live in the Greater Austin Area
- Each applicant will be assessed by a MOWAM social worker to ensure that eligibility requirements are met. Short-term service is available to those with temporary meal needs.
For more info about getting signed up for meals, please Email us or call 512-476-MEAL.
** Don't live in Austin? Find a local Meals on Wheels provider near you. Click here.
Cancel Your Meal Delivery
- Call Us: 512-476-6325
- Email Us
Innovative Case Management
Case Managers help clients solve complicated problems that, if left unsolved, could lead to a loss of independent living.