Miyoshi Jones and Bob Zawadzki work at the same place but had never met one another until they wound up delivering hot, nutritious lunches together for Meals on Wheels and More. Wayne employees have delivered meals to our wonderful clients since 2007. That's when Misty Cluett, who had just started working at Wayne, formed a MOWAM delivery team with 14 other co-workers. Today, 54 Wayne employees take turns hand-delivering our hot, nutritious meals to the wonderful homebound people we serve. Wayne volunteers always travel in pairs and are randomly assigned partners on a rotating basis. When asked what she likes about volunteering for MOWAM, Myoshi replies, "It puts things in perspective. I forget about the hustle and bustle of life and am reminded of what's important. I also know the clients really appreciate it." Bob adds, "I live in Pflugerville, these people (MOWAM clients) are our neighbors." Read full story.
- Meals on Wheels »Volunteers deliver meals to homebound clients
- Handy Wheels »Volunteers help clients with minor home repairs that are safety-related.
- H.O.P.E. »Volunteers deliver an extra bag of groceries once a month
- Groceries to Go »Volunteers grocery shop twice a month for clients
- Mike's Place »Volunteers help clients with Alzheimer's Disease and other forms of dementia
- P.A.L.S. »Volunteers transport clients’ pets for vet visits or deliver pet food monthly.
Sharing a route saves time!
How to start a Meal Delivery Team
Volunteer orientation for Meal Delivery Program is every Thursday 12:15p.m. at our central kitchen 3227 E. 5th St. 78702.
And More Programs volunteer orientation is scheduled individually through the program coordinator.