Texas Gas Service employees Clatyon Kelley and Amy Birkenfeld deliver a meal to MOWAM client Jesus Mendez. “My grandmother, who has since passed away, received meals from Meals on Wheels in Chicago. When I heard about this (volunteer opportunity) I wanted to do it in memory of her,” says Amy when asked why she chose to donate her time to MOWAM. Asked the same question, Clayton responds “I love giving back any way I can. It’s a pleasure seeing the clients every week.” Thank you, Clayton, Amy, and all of the wonderful volunteers at Texas Gas Service! You’re the fuel that warms the hearts of our sweet clients.
- Meals on Wheels »Volunteers deliver meals to homebound clients
- Handy Wheels »Volunteers help clients with minor home repairs that are safety-related.
- H.O.P.E. »Volunteers deliver an extra bag of groceries once a month
- Groceries to Go »Volunteers grocery shop twice a month for clients
- Mike's Place »Volunteers help clients with Alzheimer's Disease and other forms of dementia
- P.A.L.S. »Volunteers transport clients’ pets for vet visits or deliver pet food monthly.
Sharing a route saves time!
How to start a Meal Delivery Team
Volunteer orientation for Meal Delivery Program is every Thursday 12:15p.m. at our central kitchen 3227 E. 5th St. 78702.
And More Programs volunteer orientation is scheduled individually through the program coordinator.