2014 American Volunteer Please Vote
It’s official – our meal delivery volunteer, Bill Phillips has been nominated for Meals On Wheels Association of America’s 2014 #AmericanVolunteer! He deserves to win and here’s why: In the nine years he’s volunteered for Meals on Wheels and More in Austin Texas, Bill Phillips has driven more than 10,000 miles and delivered more than 30,000 meals! He delivers every day of the week totaling 3,282 hours of his time and counting. We need to get him as many votes as possible. Please click this link to vote and share with your social network: https://apps.facebook.com/promosapp/6669911/entry/7204719
- Meals on Wheels »Volunteers deliver meals to homebound clients
- Handy Wheels »Volunteers help clients with minor home repairs that are safety-related.
- H.O.P.E. »Volunteers deliver an extra bag of groceries once a month
- Groceries to Go »Volunteers grocery shop twice a month for clients
- Mike's Place »Volunteers help clients with Alzheimer's Disease and other forms of dementia
- P.A.L.S. »Volunteers transport clients’ pets for vet visits or deliver pet food monthly.
Sharing a route saves time!
How to start a Meal Delivery Team
Volunteer orientation for Meal Delivery Program is every Thursday 12:15p.m. at our central kitchen 3227 E. 5th St. 78702.
And More Programs volunteer orientation is scheduled individually through the program coordinator.