Former Longhorn Coaches Deliver Meals and Compassion. Like any team sport, each player has an assignment. On this day, McCrary drives, Harmon navigates, and Tolleson goes to the door to deliver the meal. “I’m the oldest guy in the truck and I’m the one delivering the meals,” Tolleson says in feigned indignation. There’s also the good-natured ribbing that teammates exchange. When McCrary says “the navigator’s pretty good”, Harmon responds “the driver ain’t worth a …..” “I just go where you tell me” McCrary says with a laugh. Read full story.
- Meals on Wheels »Volunteers deliver meals to homebound clients
- Handy Wheels »Volunteers help clients with minor home repairs that are safety-related.
- H.O.P.E. »Volunteers deliver an extra bag of groceries once a month
- Groceries to Go »Volunteers grocery shop twice a month for clients
- Mike's Place »Volunteers help clients with Alzheimer's Disease and other forms of dementia
- P.A.L.S. »Volunteers transport clients’ pets for vet visits or deliver pet food monthly.
Sharing a route saves time!
How to start a Meal Delivery Team
Volunteer orientation for Meal Delivery Program is every Thursday 12:15p.m. at our central kitchen 3227 E. 5th St. 78702.
And More Programs volunteer orientation is scheduled individually through the program coordinator.