Delivering meals with Rhonda Herrington and Irma Hastings quickly evolves into a hug-fest. The two work together at the Texas Association of School Boards (TASB) and are members of its Meals on Wheels volunteer roster. The group's volunteers deliver meals in pairs, which means each 2-person team covers the Northwest Austin meal route one Wednesday per month. Read more.
- Meals on Wheels »Volunteers deliver meals to homebound clients
- Handy Wheels »Volunteers help clients with minor home repairs that are safety-related.
- H.O.P.E. »Volunteers deliver an extra bag of groceries once a month
- Groceries to Go »Volunteers grocery shop twice a month for clients
- Mike's Place »Volunteers help clients with Alzheimer's Disease and other forms of dementia
- P.A.L.S. »Volunteers transport clients’ pets for vet visits or deliver pet food monthly.
Sharing a route saves time!
How to start a Meal Delivery Team
Volunteer orientation for Meal Delivery Program is every Thursday 12:15p.m. at our central kitchen 3227 E. 5th St. 78702.
And More Programs volunteer orientation is scheduled individually through the program coordinator.