Tokyo Electron America Delivers Compassion
A few times a year, co-workers Susie Stotland and Gabe Hallet spend their lunch hour together. But they don’t eat lunch, they deliver it to a group of our Meals on Wheels clients in Southeast Austin. Susie and Gabe work for Tokyo Electron America and are members of the company’s MOW volunteer team, which boasts 54 members. “It feels good to help out where we can and we have the opportunity to do it real quick and it has a lot of meaning to the people who we deliver to,” says Gabe. Read more.
- Meals on Wheels »Volunteers deliver meals to homebound clients
- Handy Wheels »Volunteers help clients with minor home repairs that are safety-related.
- H.O.P.E. »Volunteers deliver an extra bag of groceries once a month
- Groceries to Go »Volunteers grocery shop twice a month for clients
- Mike's Place »Volunteers help clients with Alzheimer's Disease and other forms of dementia
- P.A.L.S. »Volunteers transport clients’ pets for vet visits or deliver pet food monthly.
Sharing a route saves time!
How to start a Meal Delivery Team
Volunteer orientation for Meal Delivery Program is every Thursday 12:15p.m. at our central kitchen 3227 E. 5th St. 78702.
And More Programs volunteer orientation is scheduled individually through the program coordinator.